I'll be on tour with The Black Dahlia Murder in Europe and then Summer Slaughter from June 3rd - July 29th.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

"Death is certain... Asmodis is not..."

In the summer of 2000 I went out to California for a while and stayed with my friend who worked at Century Media. While I was out there Century Media Europe had this contest where if you won you got flown to LA to see the first night of the King Diamond & Shadows Fall tour or something like that. Anyway turns out Century Media US didn't know about the contest until they got a call asking if someone could go pick the contest winner up at the airport in a couple hours.

Since I had nothing going on I got picked as the person to hang out with this random German dude for his first visit to the US. He actually ended up being a pretty nice dude minus the fact that he smelled like a koala, was obsessed with Denny's and asked me weird shit like, "Do you know if we can find the singer of Gamma Ray's house?" This dude was named Jan, a.k.a. "Candy-Boy", and he played bass in this German thrash metal band Asmodis.

One night we went to go see Mayhem & Exhumed and Candy-Boy was in rare for when we went to pick him up. Apparently he had been locked in his hotel room doing pills all day and was really psyched on the idea of having a threesome with one of the girls from the Century Media office and I guess anyone else who would join in. Needless to say that never happened and somehow the night ended with me being stuck in a car that only got Disney radio while a drunk dude who looked like Danny Bonaduce screamed the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang song out the window.

For whatever reason I just busted out the Asmodis CD and decided to look online about them this morning. Here's a weird story I came across about their drummer Tom "Slauhgter-Ed Crowley/Disharmonix" Quast :


"By the way, his brother had killed a woman by mistake then called Disharmonix up to help him. The two got correctly drunk and sawed the corpse to pieces. Disharmonix then got on his bicycle and threw the parts of the body on garbage piles all across Hamburg. Afterwards both were on the run and got arrested in France later on."

Pretty brutal. I probably would have though Candy-Boy was a lot cooler if he had told me that story. Anyway I guess the dude is playing in some power metal band called Paragon now... not so brutal.

No comments: